Reporting for your Grant
There are three required reports for your grant: Progress Report, Final Report and Final Financial report. We also ask that you include photos of yourself in the field.
A one to two page progress report is required approximately six months after the start date of the grant.
- The report should emphasize the progress made to date, any problems encountered, the resolution being pursued, and an updated schedule of completion (if necessary).
- It may be short, approximately 1-2 pages in length.
- Progress reports should be submitted as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org or via real mail.
Final reports are due after the completion of your grant period. Your contract letter should include the date on which we expect your final report.
- Brief summary (~100-200 words) of results vs hypotheses written toward a moderately technical audience.
- Brief summary (~100 words) of publication or plans for publication (if any).
- Detailed description of results, including any figures or tables.
- Provide a brief summary of the current status of the data sharing plan you submitted with your application (recommended). Please note: This applies to grants awarded in Spring 2014 or thereafter.
- Final reports should be submitted as PDFs to email@example.com or via real mail.
- Results Reporting – Applicant Self Evaluation - Please provide a brief paragraph answering the following questions:
- What were your research goals?
- Did you achieve these goals?
- What was/were your hypothesis(es)?
- Was/were your hypothesis(es) supported?
We require an official accounting statement from your university stating the final expenditure of funds for your project.
- The Financial Report need not be itemized in accordance with your budget.
- If any balance remains (above $50), it should be sent in the form of a check payable to The Leakey Foundation.
- We do not require that the report be submitted in a specific format.
- Financial reports should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or via real mail.
We require our grantees to submit photos of themselves at the end of their grant to be considered compliant.
- Please submit at least two press-quality photos.
- “Press Quality” means that photos should be over 1200×1200 pixels, in JPEG or TIFF format. Setting your digital camera to “Highest” quality (or similar) will usually satisfy this requirement.
- Photos should clearly picture PI, co-investigators and research subjects if possible.
- Photos should be taken at the research site if possible.
- If possible, short videos of your dig or research subjects are encouraged.
- We may use your photos in Leakey Foundation publications at any time in the future.
- Photos should be submitted as JPEGs (.jpg files) to email@example.com or via real mail.