In December 2013, the Leakey Foundation Board of Trustees and the Scientific Executive Committee met to discuss the newest grantees for the Fall '13 grant cycle.
Below are some quick facts for the Fall 2013 Granting Session:
- There were a total of 89 applications
- 40 applications fell under the category of Behavioral
- 49 applications fell under the category of Paleoanthropology
- 11 applications were recommended in the Behavioral category for a total of $157,314
- 12 applications were recommended in the Paleoanthropology category for a total of $157,764
- 4 applications were recommended, but not funded, with a recommended total of $52,005
- ALL FOUR of the application which were recommended, but not funded were generously funded by several of the Trustees themselves.
- With the 4 additional grants added to recommended grants, the total distributed during the Fall 2013 Granting Session comes to $367,083.